Updating Meleferen (goth castle)


I only had a couple hours to work on art today, so I spent it adding as much as I could to this scene I made a couple years ago. I think it’s still good enough to include on my new reel. I added a walkway in front, more lamps, and more general “stuff” to fill out the areas behind the main castle. I also want to add a stagecoach, which I began modeling but won’t finish until tomorrow at the earliest. I love this piece – it’s so wintery! And I sure do miss winter right now, as I sit in the sweltering heat of August. 😀

Astrid Wip 01

Here’s another model I’m working on for my reel/portfolio. She looks like she’s made out of soap right now 😀 There’s plenty to do on her hair still, but the rest is coming along nicely. Her hands are MUCH nicer than Cuda’s, and her dress is something I’ve always wanted to model but never attempted before. Lots more to come!

Cuda Zuri WIP 03

I put in several more hours today! Here’s what I added: lots of texture tightening-up, bump maps for both skin and armor unwraps, swords, and the design to the midsection of her armor. I also finally gave her eyelids. Don’t know how I missed that the first time through, but she has them now! All of the stuff left to do is nitpicky stuff and making sure the designs match up at the seams. I’m still on track to rig her Monday, so hopefully all will continue to go smoothly on this one. I’m happy with her so far, but I am eager to begin something new. 😀